Friday, June 11, 2010

A WALKER!

Back in January, during a brief encounter with Natalie's school physical therapist, she said to me "I see Natalie being a walker in the future". A few years ago I would have cried with relief if a therapist had told me this. At that time, however, I just thought "I know". This is because even though I had a hard time picturing her actually walking, I was more confident that she would eventually get there even if it wasn't until she was 5 or 6 or even 10!

Now, 5 months later, she's really getting excited about walking. FINALLY! It's as if something clicked for her and she went from doing just about anything to get out of walking to wanting to walk EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME! To make it clear to those who don't see her often, she is not walking independently (yet). She walks with someone holding her hands, as you would with a baby first learning to walk, or she uses a walker. Just this week, I was able to borrow a bigger walker than the one that she was using and she really took off with it. I think she feels more secure in it than she did with the other walker which was really too short for her.

Below is a video of her walking this week! Try to ignore Howard's loud background commentary.


4 comments:

  1. Aw! She looks so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I noticed her beautiful new glasses. I think she is trying to look more like Amy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great milestone! She is getting to be such a big girl. I am so happy for you and Del.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO Natalie! Liam was sitting next to me while I watched it and he says "she is doing great!" Her glasses are cute too! We would like her to come show off to us in person:)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete